As a valued client of BACHLI, we would like you to be familiar with our trading terms, we are deeply passionate about providing inspiring service and ensuring your experience is a satisfying one. Please feel free to speak with one of our team if you have any further questions.
General Terms & Conditions
- Quotes are valid for 7 days & based on quantities outlined. Changes may affect pricing and should be re quoted.
- Prices are including GST unless otherwise specified.
Orders under $5,000
- All Orders under $5,000 require payment in full at the time of purchase.
Orders over $5,000
- 60% deposit is required to process all orders.
- 40% balance payment is due upon arrival of the goods and prior to delivery.
- If a client is either not ready to accept receipt of goods, or delays receipt of the goods the final payment is still due.
- Where a client has chosen Customers Own Material [COM] or Customers Own Leather [COL], an 80% deposit is required to process the order.
- Orders that are delivered cannot be returned or exchanged unless they are faulty in which case they will be replaced.
- If an order supplied from stock is cancelled prior to delivery, a cancellation fee of 30% of the value of the order plus GST will be charged to cover administrative costs. Cancellation of all other orders will attract the following fees:
- Goods not yet in production: 30% cancellation fee.
- Goods in production: Either 100% of the value of the goods or 40-80% of the value of the goods if, at BACHLI’s discretion, they can be taken into stock.
- Goods in transit from supplier: 100% cancellation fee.
- Unless noted otherwise, lead times are generally anticipated to be 10 - 20 weeks from the date that the deposit is cleared in BACHLI’s bank account.
- Lead times start from the date that BACHLI has received a deposit and a fully specified order.
- If you have paid your deposit but not confirmed a specification for your order, a lead time is not deemed to have started.
- All lead times are as accurate as possible and whilst we endeavour to meet anticipated lead times, BACHLI will not be responsible for extensions to lead times which, for various reasons, may occur.
- If an order has more than one product and there are multiple lead times, items will be consolidated and delivered when the product with the greatest lead time is ready.
- If your order has multiple items with varying lead times and you would like items with the shorter lead time to be delivered sooner, please request for you order to be split, multiple orders will be created and charges for multiple deliveries will be applicable.
Lead Time Exceptions
- For all suppliers, in addition to any stated lead times, please allow an additional 2-3 weeks where public holiday periods including Easter and Christmas fall within the standard lead time.
- For international suppliers, in addition to any stated lead time please allow an additional 4 weeks for orders placed between July 1st and August 25th, due to the European summer holiday closure period.
Samples & Tolerances
- All samples seen are considered indicative and variations in colour, shade or grain may occur in different production lots. The client accepts these variations by making the order.
- Colour changes in all materials, be it wood, lacquer, glass, fabric or leather may occur over time and so in cases of completed works, or replacements, any difference in tone that may occur shall not be grounds for consideration or return of the product.
- Representations of products for sale made by BACHLI via the website do not constitute an offer to sell but an invitation to treat.
- BACHLI may, in its sole and absolute discretion, accept or reject any offer made by you for any reason (or no reason), including an error in the advertised price for, or description of, the products on the website, or an error in your Order.
- Any representations made about stock availabilities are accurate to the last known stock level and are subject to change. If BACHLI cannot supply a particular product, BACHLI will notify you by telephone or email as soon as possible.
Light Fittings – Installation, Repair, Transformers and Globes
- All light fittings are sold excluding installation which should be performed by a certified electrician.
- BACHLI takes no responsibility for the suitability of the fitting or the impact that the fitting may have on existing or proposed circuitry or systems [such as CBUS systems].
- It is incumbent on the purchaser to seek professional advice from a qualified electrician regarding the suitability and/or impact that the fitting may have.
- All lighting prices exclude globes and transformers.
- Any globes or transformers that are supplied are included at no charge and no claim for faulty globes or transformers will be considered.
Warranties & Guarantees
- Product specific and available on request.
Limitation of Liability
- Other than any warranty expressly given by BACHLI in this agreement, and subject to any clause, all warranties (whether implied, statutory or otherwise) relating to the Goods and any other subject matter of this agreement, are excluded.
- Where any law implies in this agreement any term, and the law voids or prohibits provisions in this agreement which exclude or modify the operation of such term, such term is taken to be included in this agreement. However, the liability of BACHLI for breach of such term is, if permitted by law, limited to one of the following remedies (at the option of BACHLI):
- replacement of the Goods or supply of equivalent Goods;
- the repair of such Goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the Goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the Goods repaired.
- BACHLI excludes all liability for indirect and consequential loss (including without limitation for loss of revenue or profits) in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including negligence) to the Client arising from or connected to this agreement.
- The exclusions of liability referred to apply to any action giving rise to an obligation, duty or liability even if the action was not
authorised, or not capable of being authorised, by the Client.
Retention of Title and risk in goods
- Title to the Goods shall not pass from BACHLI to the Client until such time as BACHLI has received payment in full.
- Until such time as payment is made in full of the Price for the Goods in cleared funds, BACHLI reserves the right to recover possession of the Goods.
- Where BACHLI has not been paid the Price for the Goods in full and BACHLI has delivered the Goods to the Client, the Client agrees that the relationship between BACHLI and the Client shall be fiduciary and that the Client shall hold the Goods as bailee for BACHLI and, if required, shall store the Goods in a manner that clearly shows the ownership of BACHLI.
- Title and risk in the products, such as loss and damage, pass to you on payment in full and delivery or collection.
Customers Own Material [COM] or Customers Own Leather [COL]
- On some items BACHLI can accept COM or COL for upholstery.
- The purchaser must supply three  sample pieces of the COM or COL, each piece measuring no less than 100mm x 100mm [or larger where a repeat pattern exists].
- One piece will be forwarded to the client, one will be kept on BACHLI’s job file and one will be forwarded to the supplier.
- Whilst we and our suppliers do our best to advise on the suitability of COM and COL based on our experience and knowledge of the piece being upholstered, we take no responsibility for the suitability of COM or COL, even where a sample has been ‘approved in principal’ by the supplier as suitable for use.
- Full responsibility for the result of COM or COL upholstery remains with the purchaser.
- These terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria, Australia. If any provision of these terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or un-enforceability will not affect the remainder of this agreement, which will continue in full force and effect.
- If you access the website in a jurisdiction other than Victoria, Australia, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction, to the extent that they apply. Space makes no representations that the content of the website complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
- BACHLI will not be liable for any delay in performing any of their obligations if such delay is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control.
Transfer and Assignment
- If BACHLI merges, sells or otherwise change control of its business or this website to a third-party, BACHLI reserves the right, without giving notice or seeking consent, to transfer or assign the personal information, content and rights that BACHLI has collected from you and any agreements it has made with you.